Kiva U.S. Loans
The Southwest Florida Women’s Foundation partners with Kiva U.S. Microloans to connect trusted female entrepreneurs with crowdfunded loans of up to $10,000 with 0% interest and up to 36 months to repay.
What is Kiva?
Kiva is an independent nonprofit that manages crowdfunded microloans for entrepreneurs around the world. Borrowers (like you!) leverage their social, professional, and family networks to raise the funds for their loans within 30 days.
How does the Women’s Foundation help?
The Women’s Foundation is a Kiva trustee. That means we can endorse borrowers, which provides them the following benefits during the application period and loan funding process:
- Kiva will give our borrowers’ applications priority, so you will hear back from them usually within 48 hours.
- The Women’s Foundation will engage our network of lenders to get more support for your loan.
- An endorsement makes your loan eligible for matching loan funds. At Kiva’s discretion, they will turn on matching funds from their sponsors. While this is on, any loan made toward your goal will be matched up to a certain point.
How can I get started?
Securing your Kiva Loan and endorsement is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
- Complete our Business Building Blocks (B3) for Women online video course.
- Submit your application to Kiva using the link provided by the Women’s Foundation.
- Get your loan funded as fast as possible and start building or growing your successful business!